Our research focuses on the theoretical investigation and computer simulations of soft condensed matter, particularly complex fluids such as colloidal dispersions, liquid crystals, and complex fluid mixtures (for details, see here).
Our work is currently funded by:
- Collaborative Research Center (Sfb) 910 Control of self-organizing nonlinear systems: Theoretical methods and concept of application
- Collaborative Research Center (Sfb) 951 HIOS, Hybrid Inorganic/Organic Systems for Opto-Electronics
- Graduate School (RTG) 1558 Nonlinear Collective Dynamics in Condensed Matter and Biological Systems
- International Research Training Group (IRTG) 1524 Self-assembled soft matter nanostructures at interfaces
- DFG Project KL 1215/8-1 (SPP1681) Computersimulationen und Theorie von Hybridmaterialien aus Ferrokolloiden in Flüssigkristallmatrizen