Computer simulations and theory of complex fluids
- © Fliegner
Prof. Dr. Sabine Klapp
Secretary EW 7-1
Room: EW 707
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 314 - 23763
Fax: +49 (0) 30 314 - 21130
Consultation hours: Tuesdays, 13:15 - 14:00 or by appointment
For Exam dates please contact the secretary EW 7-1 (Mrs. Rettich) 
Our research focuses on the theoretical
investigation and computer simulations of soft condensed matter,
particularly complex fluids such as colloidal dispersions, liquid
crystals, and complex fluid mixtures (for details, see here ).
Our work is currently funded by:
- Collaborative Research Center (Sfb) 910 Control of self-organizing nonlinear systems: Theoretical methods and concept of application 
- DFG Project KL 1215/8-1 (SPP1681) Computer simulations and theory of hybrid materials composed of ferrocolloids in liquid-crystalline hosts 
- DFG Project KL 1215/10-1 Systematic Variation of the Rheology of Wormlike Micelles - Experiment and Theoretical Description (in cooperation with Prof. M. Gradzielski) 
- Collaborative Research Center (Sfb) 951 HIOS, Hybrid Inorganic/Organic Systems for Opto-Electronics 
- Graduate School (RTG) 1558 Nonlinear Collective Dynamics in Condensed Matter and Biological Systems 
- International Research Training Group (IRTG) 1524 Self-assembled soft matter nanostructures at interfaces 
- We congratulate Dr. Sarah A.M. Loos to the successful defence of her PhD thesis on March 13, 2019!
- We congratulate Dr. Sascha Gerloff to the successful defence of his PhD thesis on December 19, 2019!
- We congratulate Dr. Seyed Mohsen Jebreiil Khadem to the successful defence of his PhD thesis on February 28, 2018!
- We congratulate Dr. Nicola Kleppmann on the award Carl-Ramsauer-Preis der Physikalischen Gesellschaft zu Berlin 2016 for her outstanding dissertation with the title "Wachstum und Strukturbildung von komplexen Molekülen an Oberflächen"! www.pgzb.tu-berlin.de 
- We congratulate Sarah A. M. Loos on the award Physik-Studienpreis 2016 der Physikalischen Gesellschaft zu Berlin! www.pgzb.tu-berlin.de 
- We congratulate Dr. Arzu Yener, Dr. Rodrigo Lugo-Frias, Dr. Florian Kogler and Dr. Thomas Heinemann for obtaining their Doctorates 2016! (Dissertationen )
Collective dynamics of dipolar and multipolar colloids: from passive to active systems, S. H. L. Klapp, Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci. 21 76-85 (2016)  (arXiv )
- Book publication:
Control of self-organizing nonlinear systems, E. Schöll, S. H. L. Klapp, P. Hövel (Editors), Springer, Berlin, 2016