Topics und methods of the statistical mechanics of soft matter and biological systems
- © AG Stark
- © AG Stark
In the seminar we present the variety of topics and methods, which we work on and use in our working group.
The topics range from active motion and microswimmers, also in connection with reinforcement learning, the stohastic analysis in biology, to the hydrodynamics of Newtonian and complex fluids with applications to inertial microfluidics as well as viscoelastic fluids and their elastic turbulence.
In the talks the basics of the topcis and methods are worked out and illustrated using examples from current research. The talks can be combined with work on a well-defined project.
Prof. Dr. Holger Stark 
Felix Rühle 
The seminar takes place in a live session online. The introduction is in on 22.04.2020 at 14.15.
The login details to the zoom session can be found on the ISIS course page .
To obtain credit points, the participation has to be registered in the SAP system.
Stochastic motion of active particles||Milos
Bewegung: Trajektorien von Bakterien||Vincent
|13.05.2020||Dynamics and stability of 1D
patterns in active polar fluids||Josep-Maria Armengol
|20.05.2020||Wie aktive Teilchen
lernen: Bestärkendes Lernen am Beispiel||Patiparn
|27.05.2020||Aktive Turbulenz in
bakteriellen Lösungen||Chiara Mielau|
|03.06.2020||Topological defects in
active matter||Osamah Sufyan|
|10.06.2020||Active Matter with Programmable
|19.06.2020||SFB910 Symposium : Optimization in active
matter||Benno Liebchen (TU Darmstadt)|
Holger Stark, Mohsen Khadem
mikroswimmers ||Mohammad Radi
To obtain seminar points, a talk has to be presented and the presentation has to be provided by a pdf file.
Possible topics for seminar talks:
- Langevin dynamics: Stochastic motion of active particles
- How active particles learn: Ân example for reinforcement learning
- Stochastic Motion: Trajectories of bacteria
- Active turbulence in bacterial solutions
- Hydrodynamics of microswimmers
- Multi-Particle collision dynamics: Simulations of flow fields
- Lattice-Boltzmann simulations: Inertial mikrofluidics
- Lattice-Boltzmann simulations: Soft particles in inertial microfluidics
- Viscoelasticity of complex fluids and elastic turbulence
Own suggestions for talks are welcome!